Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Intern at Heritage Press


Hello, my name is Carolina Cuevas MS Global Health , BS Nutritional Sciences. 

It was a dark, stormy night when I arrived to the USA at the age of 12. I had nothing in my pocket but a bag of dreams, primarily the hope to achieve the American Dream.

The only way to cope with the stabbing and gruesome changes of my life and attempting to heal from generational trauma…was and is…writing. 

Words are powerful, words are medicinal, words are seductive, they ignite adrenaline, ecstasy, and even melancholy. The melancholy that brought me peace and understanding of the complexity of being a brown, porcelain-like symbol in the land of the “opportunity." 

The universe was exhausted of my pain, the Milky Way heard my screams and tears, and she has responded. Her answer is to liberate suffering through words. 

She knows where I have always belong. “You cannot lie anymore, I will take you back to where you come from and spit you out, even if you confront. Words are yours, and words will only be the way for you to return."




No comments:

Post a Comment